Requesting for the Z 6II, Z 6, Z 7II & Z 7 mirrorless camera RAW video output upgrade serviceThis article provides instructions for requesting the service that enables RAW video output to a compatible third-party external recorder ("Service") via the HDMI connector on the Z 6II, Z 6, Z 7II & Z 7 mirrorless cameras (Service is performed for a fee).
Requesting the Service
This Service will only be provided by Nikon Service Centers and they will begin to accept the cameras starting from
Please download the “Technical Guide — RAW Video Recording Edition” — from Nikon's Download Center and read the "Important notes on RAW output options" before visiting your nearest Nikon Service Center to request for this service.
- 17th December 2019 for Z 6 & Z 7
- 5th November 2020 for Z 6II
- 10th December 2020 for Z 7II
Links to download the Professional Technical Guide — RAW Video Recording can be found below
Important Notes regarding the Service
- Camera firmware will be updated to the latest available version at the time of upgrade Service.
- This Service is non-transferrable and is performed once for each camera. If you require the Service to be performed for another camera, a separate request must be issued for that camera and Service is chargeable.
Kindly contact your nearest Nikon Service Center for more information or if you have any question about this service.
|Compatibility Matrix as of 25 Feb 2021||ATOMOS||Blackmagic Design|